  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: Linux-2-Windows
  • From: v_valchev@xxxxxxxxxx (Valentin Pavlov)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:57:27 +0300

from win32.hlp:
--- cut here ---
The GetUserName function retrieves the user name of the current thread. This
is the name of the user currently logged onto the system.

BOOL GetUserName(

    LPTSTR lpBuffer, // address of name buffer
    LPDWORD nSize  // address of size of name buffer
   );
Parameters

lpBuffer

Points to the buffer to receive the null-terminated string containing the
user's logon name. If this buffer is not large enough to contain the entire
user name, the function fails.

nSize

Pointer to a DWORD that, on input, specifies the maximum size, in
characters, of the buffer specified by the lpBuffer parameter. If this
buffer is not large enough to contain the entire user name, the function
fails. If the function succeeds, it will place the number of characters
copied to the buffer into the DWORD that nSize points to.

Return Values

If the function succeeds, the return value is nonzero, and the variable
pointed to by nSize contains the number of characters copied to the buffer
specified by lpBuffer, including the terminating null character.
If the function fails, the return value is zero. To get extended error
information, call GetLastError.

Remarks

If the current thread is impersonating another client, the GetUserName
function returns the user name of the client that the thread is
impersonating.

See Also

LookupAccountName
--- cut here ---

Znachi osven gorniq citat edin malyk syvet: ako shte portvvash neshto ot
UNIX kym Windows naj-dobre e da probvash cygwin ili oshte po-dobre mingw. Za
poslednoto mozesh da vidish na www.mingw.org