  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: 2 Videokarti & 2 Monitora
  • From: kolarov@xxxxxxxxxx (Yavor Kolarov)
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 18:47:44 +0300

Zdravei,
toku shto popadnah na tova v Linux Gazette:

Dear Answer Guy,

I wonder if Linux (and XFree) supports 2 or more VGA cards in the same = PC. If not, is there any
commercial XServer that can support more than 1 = VGA ? Where can I find more informations
about this issue ?

Thank you in advance for your help

       The latest version of XFree (version 4.x) support "Xinerama" which includes multi-headed
   support. However, I haven't tried that yet. XFree86 version 4.x will probably be included in the next
   major releases of each mainstream Linux distribution; so look for it in a few months if you don't want to
   try downloading, building and installing it yourself.

   The two major commercial X server packages for Linux support multiple heads as well. I forget which
   is which but in one of them the multi-headed support is part of the main package, in the other it is a
   separate version of the package. These two X packages are:

      http://www.xig.com

   Metro-X:
      http://www.metrolink.com

   ... note: I think it is the latter of these that offers multi-head support (as well as support for some touch
   screens and many proprietary laptop chipsets) in their base package. I think that Xig's products are
   separated among multi-head, laptop and desktop versions.

Yavor

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.