  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: Sled upgrade "C compiler cannot create executables" :-(
  • From: mmarkov@xxxxxxxx (Minko Markov)
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 10:30:21 -0500

First Name Last Name wrote:

> Chetoh, che RH7 ima vsyshtnost 2 kompilatora, tyj kato kernel-a ne se kompilira s 2.96
> Vmesto da downgrade-vash mozhesh da probvash da kompilirash s kgcc. Maj pod tova ime e
> po-stariq kompilator.

Poglednah na site-a na gcc. Tozi 2.96 ne e oficialen release.
Vizh  http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc-2.96.html  :

        October 6th, 2000

        It has come to our attention that some GNU/Linux distributions are currently
        shipping with ``GCC 2.96''.

        We would like to point out that GCC 2.96 is not a formal GCC release nor will
        there ever be such a release. Rather, GCC 2.96 has been the code- name for our
        development branch that will eventually become GCC 3.0.

        Current snapshots of GCC, and any version labeled 2.96, produce object files
        that are not compatible with those produced by either GCC 2.95.2 or the
        forthcoming GCC 3.0. Therefore, programs built with these snapshots will not
        be compatible with any official GCC release. Actually, C and Fortran code will
        probably be compatible, but code in other languages, most notably C++ due to
        incompatibilities in symbol encoding (``mangling''), the standard library and
        the application binary interface (ABI), is likely to fail in some way. Static
        linking against C++ libraries may make a binary more portable, at the cost of
        increasing file size and memory use.

        To avoid any confusion, we have bumped the version of our current development
        branch to GCC 2.97.

        Please note that both GCC 2.96 and 2.97 are development versions; we do not
        recommend using them for production purposes. Binaries built using any version
        of GCC 2.96 or 2.97 will not be portable to systems based on one of our regular
        releases.

        If you encounter a bug in a compiler labeled 2.96, we suggest you contact whoever
        supplied the compiler as we can not support 2.96 versions that were not issued by
        the GCC team.

--
Minko

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.