  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: apache remote vulnerability
  • From: P.Kirkov@xxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Kirkov)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:37:52 +0300

Problema ne e _samo_ v 64-bitovite OS.

Ot http://httpd.apache.org **
<citat> *
UPDATE:* (supersedes security bulletin 20020617)

This follow-up to our earlier advisory is to warn of known-exploitable
conditions related to this vulnerability on both 64-bit platforms and
32-bit platforms alike. Though we previously reported that 32-bit
platforms were not remotely exploitable, it has since been proven by
Gobbles that certain conditions allowing exploitation do exist.

Successful exploitation of this vulnerability can lead to the execution
of arbitrary code on the server with the permissions of the web server
child process. This can facilitate the further exploitation of
vulnerabilities unrelated to Apache on the local system, potentially
allowing the intruder root access.

Note that early patches for this issue released by ISS and others do not
address its full scope.

Due to the existence of exploits circulating in the wild for some
platforms, the risk is considered high. The Apache Software Foundation
has released versions 1.3.26 and 2.0.39 that address and fix this issue,
and all users are urged to upgrade immediately. These versions are
available for download; see below.

Full Advisory -> http://httpd.apache.org/info/security_bulletin_20020620.txt
</citat>

Eto i citat ot advisory-to:

<citat>
At the least, this could help a
remote attacker launch a denial of service attack as the parent process
will eventually have to replace the terminated child process, and starting
new children uses non-trivial amounts of resources.
</citat>

T.e. problema ne e samo v exploita...

--

Peter Kirkov

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.