  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: Hardware 3D za ATI
  • From: danchev@xxxxxxxxx (George Danchev)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:03:56 +0300

On 19 10 2002 02:11, Nick Gavanozov wrote:
> Çäðàâåéòå,
>
> îïèòâàë ëè ñå å íÿêîé, êîéòî èìà ATI äà ñè ïóñíå hardware accelerator 3D ?
> Îò äîñòà âðåìå ñå îïèòâàì äà ïîäêàðàì âñè÷êè åêñòðè íà êàðòàòà...
> Mîëÿ, àêî èìà õîðà îò ãðóïàòà, êîèòî ñå çàíèìàâàò ïî-àêòèâíî ñ
> ìóëòèìåäèÿ, íåêà ìè ïèøàò.

íå ñå çàíèìàâàì ñ ìóëòèìåäèà, íî åòî íÿêîëêî references (btw, ìîæå áè ùåøå äà
å äîáðå àêî áåøå ïî-êîíêðåòåí âúïðîñà, ùîòî ATI ìîæå äà çíà÷è ìíîãî ðàáîòè).
about 8500:

> I got a ati radeon 8500 I've been trying to make for a while. (3d)
> Downloaded and compiled latest driver dri.sourceforge.net. I got agpgart
> and AMD760 agp chipset built as modules. When I've loaded all modules and
> everything seem to be ok I do startx. The monitor switches to black for a
> while and there seem to be signal. But after ~7s the monitor switches to
> standbymode and there don't seem to be a signal anymore. I've to do
> crtl+alt+delete then.
> I've been trying to change the monitor freq two times. But I think this is
> the driver...

a) this is the wrong mailing list. Try dri-users (or debian-user).
b) the problem is known; you need a static libxaa.a due to binary
incompatibility issues with the dri binary packages.

http://mefriss1.swan.ac.uk/~jfonseca/dri/packages/libxaa.a.bz2

After that, your Radeon should work. BTW, dri is quite up-front that their
support is not yet considered stable, and I don't know about the
ATi-drivers, since they complain that my 8500 is a "third party device"
(probably because it's "Powered by ATi", not "Built by ATi"). I do use the
DRI drivers to mostly successfully play NWN/Wine though.

--
Greets, fr33zb1
[catching up with Sid (the boy next door who destroyed toys :-)]

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.