  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: traffic / no-traffic ?
  • From: mano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marian Popov)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:31:16 +0200

WHAT IS IT?

ipac is a package which is designed to gather, summarize and nicely

output the IP accounting data. ipac make summaries and graphs as ascii

text and/or images with graphs.

ipac...

- is for Linux

- runs on top of the iptables or ipchains tool

- needs certain kernel parts compiled in

NOTE FOR THAT WHO TRY TO USE THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME

2.2.* kernels support is not well, please use 2.4+iptables. All features

tested & work only for 2.4. But in case you need simple accounting only 2.2

is enough.

INSTALLATION / PRECONDITIONS

ipac-ng runs at least under Linux kernel 2.2.11, 2.2.16 - 2.2.19, 2.4.1,
2.4.3,

2.4.[4-13]. It should run on any kernel above.

mano