  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: Nvidia na knoppix
  • From: danchev@xxxxxxxxx (George Danchev)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:55:10 +0200

On 19 02 2003 14:52, Tsvetin Vasilev wrote:
> > http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/
> >
> > Potarsi na tazi stranica "How do I compile a module".
>
> hi :)
> 10x za linka
> no kato gledam towa:
>

>       MODVERSIONS
>
> Modversions is the versioning system for kernel exported symbols. To
> build against it :
>
>     * You must add -DMODVERSIONS to the compile line
>     * The first include must be <linux/module.h>
>     * If you are building a module from multiple source files, you must
>       #define __NO_VERSION__ in all but one of the .c source files. Note
>       this is not necessary with recent kernel versions.
>     * You must not include modversions.h directly if your module is
>       included in the kernel source. If you are buiding externally,
>       include the correct modversions.h only when module versions is
>       enabled (it is best to add it to the compile line as the kernel does)

Absolutno vqrno ! Gledajki v sources na Nvidia se pravi to4no tova, naprimer
os-interface.c (nv.c analogi4no):

#ifdef CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
#define MODVERSIONS
#include <linux/modversions.h>
#endif

!!! T.e. pravi se proverka !!!

#define __NO_VERSION__          // tell module.h to not define
__module_kernel_version
                                // it was already defined for nv.c

#include <linux/module.h>
(indirektno vklu4va modversions.h) ala bla portokala i t.n.

T.e. v sources na Nvidia vsi4ko si e nared, drug e vyprosa za tova ugly file
Module-nvkernel deto go razprostranqvat binary-only (mislq 4e skoro ste dadat
i source-to) ... Ako ima tuka problemi ili bad code togava sao te mogat da gi
reshat .....

a /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h koito ot svoq strana include-va
include/linux/modsetver.h e neobhodim zaradi symbol versioning definitions...
t.e da se get-net ot kernel sources v module build-a...  t.e. da ima version
kontrol mezhdu kernel image-to deto e compiled s CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y i
module-to bilo to i ugly polu-binary s vyrtelezhki kato os interfaces.....

--
printk("Greets, fr33zb1\n");

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.